RCU Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Should she still be flying
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 08:42 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by edh13
F35 is a huge success??? That's a little premature. It won't even be operational for two more years (Marines), three to five years (Air Force / Navy). 8 years behind schedule, 100% over budget and described by Flight Test Evaluators as "flawed beyond redemption"; is the only way it can be described at this time.
Google is your friend, stop reading the brochures.
Your probably right,, the worlds premier producer of military aircraft from design, engineering, and building does not know what they are doing,,,
The intial order for the f-35 was cut, meaning less money for design and production, I have plenty of friends who work for LM in fort worth, and they are always at work. As far as evaluators,, I have read no negative reviews,,, although not in service there are units in flight right now. Is it a success,, Your right there it is not a proven platform, but it is what they are calling the most advanced fighter in the world,, and believe me I am not partial to it,,, I think it is as ugly as homemade soap!! But the company has to build what is ordered, No one will argue the fact that the f-22 is the current reigning superior fighter, despite what the typhoon guys, and Mig guys say,,, And You have LM engineers to thank for that... Just my 2cents

Now to the original post,, Yes I believe the concorde should still be in service, accidents happen, period, to ground a specific plane due to an accident is ridiculous. ALSO I know that If requested LOCKHEED MARTIN could redesign the concorde so that all passengers would have to wear space-suits..