RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Hi all
Do we get carried away with how many channels we think we need?, surly for most of us even with the most complicated of airframes how often do we actually uses 14 let alone 16 or more channels?

Throt = 1
Eile = 1 prob 2ch
Aile = 1 prob 2ch
Rudd = 1 pos 2ch
Flap = 1
Nose wheel = 1ch
Gear = 1ch
Brake = 1ch
Air Brake =1ch
Lights = 1ch
Smoke =1ch

The list above seems to me like a fairly comprehensive airframe and even using 1 command channel per surface or function it still only adds up to just the 14ch.
Add this to Jetis RXs ability to trim and adjust any number of output/socket independently from the Tx allows functions like duel flaps or twin rudders to be operated from a single command function.

Thoughts any one, I'm sure some of you will have other function's I have not thought of
Lots more! My EE Lightning has 20 devices and I could fit more yet. One of my F-86 has 18 devices. They don't all need individual Tx channels but it is best if they each have their own output at the Rx in a programmable Rx so that for instance one Tx flap channel can be mapped to two Rx outputs which is what I do at the moment with Weatronic. It seems that Jeti can do similar. Systems that don't have programmable Rx need Tx channels or y leads. That's why I have been asking questions about how a Jeti system with max 16 outputs on the 18ch rx with rsats, could expand up to dealing with 20 devices. It's not clear from jeti's website how I could link up Rx etc and expand the system.