RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Yellow Aircraft Mako (F-16) EDF Project (Full Build)
Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 PM
tulz161

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunradd
Yes Shaun a good friend of mine that lives down here built one with a wemotech 90 fan and it flies great. That's not even a good fan and it still flies great. It lands so dam slow its night and day difference in how mine used to fly. Mine was heavy with the functioning canopy working drop tank and afterburner light system. I would rather have his with none of this stuff because his is so easy to fly and so much fun. Hes at around 14 lbs ready to fly. Mine close to 17 lbs.

I don't really know what fan is best. Does Stu still make fans? How about the Jetfans? I will ask around to some good friends.

The bigger fans will fly it just fine BTW. But you taking on extra weight with no extra performance. My BVM EVF would put out 19LBS of thrust on bench. Puts out 16 pounds installed in the electra. But only out out 12 pounds installed the F16.
Gunradd - any thoughts on how the 90mm hst fan would fly it on 12s? Also - ducting wouldn't be needed with this fan. I'm installing one in a jtm viper jet at the moment but have always wanted a yellow f-16.