RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 01:30 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Not sure, but I don't think so Wayne,

If you have servos plugged into both rx and are driving them on ports 1-7, and 8-14 respectively, and you lose #1 rx, they will not cross drive..

What I think you want to do is map both receivers to the highest number of channels your largest receiver has.. ALL the receivers can PPM all 16 channels even though they have less ports... you can hook a 3 chan rX to a R14, and you can set it to drive 14 chan via its PPM output..

TO find the output port of each receiver that puts out PPM, see the chart in the RX manual for the port that is configurable.

My question is however, how can I induce a failure of Rx#1, so that I can confirm that the #2 receiver will PPM drive the #1 receiver.. I cannot find a selective way to do that so far.. Maybe thru the jetibox?

And yes, I do know the PPM port is monitored via SAT but Im interesting in seeing actually drive the servos.. the joy of learning
The first part of your reply has me a bit confused but that isn't surprising as I'm still quite new to this system and have a lot to learn, hence all the questions. If I understood you correctly, you're suggesting that I have both receivers (2, 7 R7s) drive 14 channels on their PPM output. I'm not quite sure of the logistics of how to do that but it make sense.

I was also wondering how to simulate a signal loss to 1 receiver and as usual I came up with a "brute force and ignorance" approach. It is simple enough that I think it just might work. Why not simply slide a piece of brass tubing, with one end crimped shut, over each of the antennas on one of the receivers. I would think that should do an adequate job of blocking the signal. If it does we should be able to tell by the telemetry, or lack of telemetry from that receiver.

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-12-2013 at 01:42 PM.