RCU Forums - View Single Post - Very New To Rc - Differences Between Savage Models....
Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it is the older 4.6 as it has 8 shocks, and the purple piece all the way on the left side of the 1st pic.

Looks pretty clean to me. Doesn't look like it was run much, or he didn't beat on it. I'd be a tad worried about the engine, but worst comes to worst you can get a brand new F4.6 of ebay for like $100 shipped. New the trucks around $400 so even with a shot motor it would be $250ish running.
I paid $220ish for my savage X on ebay a few years back, and it had a blown engine. Was in tip top shape physically, and clean dude didn't know what he was doing, and trashed it within 5 runs (he didn't break the engine in).

I will say this looking at the pics if I was shopping for another savage, saw this one was on ebay, and I only had those pics to go off of I would buy it for that price even if the engine was toast. But that is just me.

Will say one thing you might want to pick up a flysky GT2, or some other 2.4ghz radio though to replace the AM radio that has, as they are way more reliable 99% of the time. I've cause quite a bit of damage to my nitros due to AM radios failing.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 12-17-2013 at 08:09 PM.