RCU Forums - View Single Post - Park Flyer Membership and Multi Rotor Aircraft
Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi CP ,

I was one of the few who said "If the AMA want's to try this PP membership experiment , good luck to em" . My basis for not believing it would be viable is the fact that of ALL the parks around where I live , I have NEVER , yes , that's right NEVER seen any youngsters (or anyone of any other age) in those parks/open spaces flying model aircraft of any kind ! It's not like I live in some desolate area , I am about 25 or so miles from Boston , so yea , there are plenty of people around , that's for sure . I think the AMA looked at the numbers of small easy to set up/fly ARFS being sold and based their idea on sheer numbers of these things being sold without looking at WHO is buying them . Every club member I know has their home built "pride and joy" planes AND a pretty good sized collection of small ARFS to beat around the skies when they don't want to risk their nice planes . And we already have AMA memberships , thus many small parkies being sold wouldn't increase ANY membership catagory's ranks . The youngsters are mostly all too immersed in their X boxes , and so all we have is the same core group of dwindling old men with nothing better to do than come up with these grand membership drive ideas and post snarky HobbyKing comments in their avatars . Just as neighborhood stickball and soap box races have faded into the history of bygone days , so too is our hobby being eroded by "instant gratification" electronic toys . So much for progress , eh ?

+10