RCU Forums - View Single Post - New AT6 TEXAN from SEAGULL ?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 03:01 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the Turnigy retracts about 3 weeks ago and I didn't get around to installing them for about 2 weeks. Modification of the gear pockets in the center section of the wing was necessary and took about 2 hours of "trial and fit" before I got it right. Once installed however, they failed to work. There were no instructions in the package but there is nothing difficult about plugging in a Y cable between the units and a receiver. I used a 2 cell LIPO for the test but, evidently that was too much power (8.4v). They cycled wildly until they stopped working. I saw no smoke nor did they heat up even the smallest amount but, they quit working and now only make click when activated.
So, I ordered another set from Sonic RC made by RC Lander. They were almost twice the cost (including struts and wheels) and I have high hope they will work. When I test this new set I'll be using a voltage regulator (a stand-alone BEC) set for approx. 5v ...unless the manual (if there is one) states that they will take more voltage or are at least protected against high voltage. More later after installation and testing.

Garry