RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contest Director and problem flyer
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 08:39 AM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Ever notice that Rules seem to be made for everyone else but the Officers or the IMPORTANT people at your club? Wonder why that is?
How about posting a few that you've seen. I've been to lots of clubs and have never seen what I consider to be an "Officer-only or Important Person Rule". Just because an officer or an old-timer proposes something and it is implemented does not mean it for his/her benefit only. Complaints about how a club is run is no different than complaints about local, state, and national politics. If you don't like it, you have options -- it's called participation. I have seen lots of electric only, no jets, no helicopter, no pipes, and mufflers are required rules however, but those are club specific and not person of interest type of rules. There have been lots of comments about no-turbines policy so just a word about that. Not every club has a runway or airspace that can handle turbines so that's one reason for the rule. Our club has a fabric runway and taxiways. Although we do not have a no-turbine policy, lighting off a turbine on this surface can be a potential issue. I can also understand clubs that prohibit heli's, especially if the flight box is relatively limited. Again, we have a small field but we do not have a no heli policy. In fact we have a helipad. Our members provide ample opportunity for the heli folks to fly during which the fixed wing folks watch. If your club leaders and members work as a team and not as a special interest group there are very few issues. Our club hosts a regional heli only event and a national glider only event each year. Folks can work together for the betterment of the hobby and your clubs. When more than one person is involved there is bound to be disagreement but properly managed, things get worked out.