RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:28 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero
Thanks Jim! Very nicely explained. I will go with this and dump the clone receiver. I truly appreciate the learning experience
Chris
You are welcome Chris. Good luck.

I also added Step 7 below, which confirms that it is all working.

7) Confirm that your satellite receiver is talking to your primary receiver.
In this step, we are going to force a disruption of the PPM stream from the satellite receiver to test that everything is working correctly. As you may know, the satellite receiver will generate a PPM stream as long as it receives a valid RF signal. If the RF signal stops, the PPM stream stops. The primary receiver was set up to alarm (and play a wave file if the PPM stream stops). Here's how you fake it for testing.
- turn on Tx and power up both receivers
- remove power from the satellite receiver by disconnecting the male-to-male servo wire from either the primary receiver or satellite receiver
- the transmitter will now alarm "Signal Loss" because the satellite receiver is no longer powered up.
- use a spare battery to apply power to a port on the satellite receiver
- the satellite receiver will quickly link up with the transmitter and the "Signal Loss" alarm will stop.
- because you physically disconnected the male-to-male servo wire which carries the PPM stream from the satellite to the primary receiver, the primary receiver no longer sees the PPM stream and will alarm.
- you should see a pop up on the Tx display showing "Alarm S" and the wav file you selected should play. This confirms the alarm is working.
- plug the male-to-male servo wire back in to connect the satellite receiver to the primary receiver. The PPM stream into the primary receiver is now restored and the alarm S and voice file should stop.

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 12-28-2013 at 01:32 PM.