RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turned off
Thread: Turned off
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:13 AM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oil_can_harry
Well darn , I guess that now I am 58 and the oldest at the field, I am the " old timer ". I still love to fly after 25 years. Still love the smell of nitro. Still love to hear that 2 stroke winding tighter and tighter. I am the only one that maintains the field. It is a dirt field, but it works. I spent 1500.00 to get it sprayed again this year. I built a roller that weighs 5,000 lbs. to pull behind my truck to keep it flat and smooth. I carry the trash drum off when it's full and bring it back. I get offered help every now and then but not often. I love to fly. I will help anyone if they ask with their plane. Or give them a prop if they break one. Have trainered many pilots and made them good pilots. I love to fly. I gave a 14 year old kid a Mach 1 trainer after he learned to fly it. Gave him everything but my transmitter. Gave my nephew another Mach 1 after he learned how to fly. Gave him everything but my transmitter. I love to fly. I have another Mach 1 trainer built and have 4-5 flights on it. If someone really wants to learn to fly, I will teach them, and probably give them this Mach 1 also. I love to fly. Normally takes me about 10 hours to get someone who will listen to get them to the point of their solo flight. After every solo, I take the prop off the plane, put on another, write their name and date on the prop I took off so they will have it to remind them of the day they were able to solo. I love to fly. I have given away planes that I have crashed that wasn't going to be that hard to fix, just to give someone the experience of what it takes to really fix a plane. A lot of times they get the idea to build a kit, which I offer to help if they want help. I love to fly. And a lot of times they do want the help. It's one thing to read how to do something, but it's a lot easier if someone shows you. I still build kits, I have Arf 's, I just recently bought a foamy. I love to fly. I have never used anything but 15% nitro on everything. I buy cheap standard fox glow plugs and use them on everything. While at the field, I normally fly twice as long as anyone else. Have the usual problems like everyone else, but not as often. I do a complete check on every plane I am going to fly the night before I go to the field. I go to the field to fly, not work on my planes. I love to fly. The new generation is just that, the new generation. More electronics and knowledge at the tip of fingers that we didn't have. We had to wait for a magazine or something in the mail to see new stuff. Taught us patience. Now everything is right here right now. Get mad if the internet is running slow. I love to fly. There is pride and satisfaction in building a plane from a box of sticks. Putting your colors on whatever they might be. Having a plane like no one else's. Building a kit is still expensive. Learning to cover a plane well is a challenge. Not everyone is good with their hands. I think more arf'ers would actually build a plane or 2 if someone would give them a little guidance here and there. The new generation is smart, but learned wisdom has to be passed down. Oh, by the way, FLY !!
Just one question.....Do you love to fly.

Last edited by warningshot; 12-29-2013 at 07:44 PM.