RCU Forums - View Single Post - Large glow engines - are they passing away?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Well, I had not flown glow for quite a while now and thinking about this thread I decided yesterday to take one of my glow planes out. I fired it up and flew it about 6 or so minutes and sort of shrugged and said ugghhh. Landed it and immediately got out my gasser. The guys just looked and me and snickered some. I told them I just could not take it

Cost is not the only thing that is awesome about the gassers - the sound, the nice low end torque, the simplicity of starting, simple tuning, the cleanness, did I state the sound No disrespect to the glow flyers out there, however there is just a coolness factor to the gassers that is hard to describe.

I plan to keep the last glow plane a while longer, but after yesterday it's time may have come and I mostly see it on the bench taking up space. I think in the future a small gas profile is going to be parked where the glow plane sits.
Obviously the "glow" engine wasn't a 4-stroke or the "ugghhh" comment would have been reserved for the 2-stroke gasser.