RCU Forums - View Single Post - A word of caution from the horses mouth
Old 01-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Sundance2018

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys -
I will chime in here as well.
I have used Michael @ Kit Cutter on a number of occasions. I've had him cut me 5 different kits including a Pepino WACO YMF5, a Focke-Wulf TA152H, an upscale Ziroli Bearcat, a Christen Eagle II, and an upscale Brisighella StarDuster.
His kits are the finest quality out there, period. Yes, it takes longer to get the kits from him, but as 'fujiman' stated earlier, he does this in his spare time and not as a full time business. I keep coming back to Michael for the simple reason that his customer care is awesome. Talk about a guy who works with you on the plans and design.....Michael has built 2 kits for me as enlargements, which were the Bearcat and the Eagle. He makes good suggestions for the wood choices and asks about the type of engines to be used before cutting the bulkheads. Most cutters will work straight off the plans and not make any deviations. I don't find this to be helpful at all.
If you want something like a week turn-around time on a kit order then somebody else will be a better choice I suppose, but if you're like me and you want high quality then Michael is the best there is in my book.

Tom