RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 AM
SushiHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on two months ago I also added a Radian Pro to my "collection". It was the PNP because I have a Futaba transmitter and the stock rx that comes with the BNF isn't compatible. Yeah, I've had a few "hard" landings but it's survived very well so far. I've had to repair some damaged/cracked foam on the fuse, primarily around the nose right behind the spinner and underside of the canopy areas. In my situation, I used two part resin to do the repairs since I have much of that type of materials on hand from my previous a/c builds. For the first two months I've flown the Radian Pro at stock settings. I'm now in the process of programming the camber, flex and especially crow flight conditions. The starboard flap servo stopped working maybe two to three weeks ago and I've not used the flaps during flights because of that. Only down side to not having the flaps is the landings are fast paced. It does take a more considerable amount of room to land compared to having the flaps. I've got a new servo on order and the hobby shop should be getting that in next week sometime. Once I swap out the servo, I can then move onto doing all the programming.

I love this bird. I've only flown glow up until around two months ago when I got this Radian Pro. What I love about this Radian is how I can get it way up, cut off the motor and just take it easy and soar around a while. That is definitely a really nice change from the faster paced glow birds I've flown for years and years. What I also love about the Radian Pro is that it has ailerons. Maybe because of my glow flying experience, but I really prefer flying planes that have ailerons compared to those that do not.

At any rate, it's a really fun bird to fly. I even may purchase a second one after this current one gets dinged up too much, since this first one was my "starter" electric glider and there was a little learning curve involved with it.