RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 point vs. wheel landing?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:42 AM
RWHorton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having flown warbird for the last 20 years, I try to make some sense of the question. Every plane is different, even the same models have different weight. Every plane has it unique flying characteristics, some don't mind a three point landing, some just are to close to stall to try a three point. It was said in a previous post that we don't have access to instruments, true and I makes judging speed tough. Although that is changing with telemetry. To sum 20 years of flying warbirds, each plane requires a lot of practices to get the landings to look good. I find even going from one of my warbirds to another causes me a little troubles some times.

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
So you are saying that with a model,a wheel landing is less likely to bounce than a 3 point landing? I tend to 3 point my models most of the time unless it is a touch and go.

How about scale warbird? A light one? A heavy one? Using flaps? Many variables here. Our sport models are one thing, but this question is mainly geared toward more scale warbird type models.

Thanks for the opinions guys.