RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Tiger Tails????
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:49 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rv7driver
David, your drawing is very close to what I have, the arm on the mk is a little longer, so you might have to compensate a little. I cut out the balsa, it's the same thickness or very close to the mk ply mounts, there is plenty of lite ply double to glue the mounts to. I then went in and put carbon fiber sheet on the inside to give it extra strength , just make sure you do this before sheeting the bottom or adding the bottom tail block. Pete
Pete,

I've added a better drawing below clear of other elements.

There's no problem if the actuation arms are longer than the pushrod showed in my previous drawing. it just requires a slightly longer control horn or using the hole higher up in the arm. The key thing I want to get right is the mount point for the bellcrank both in draft (height on the fuse - it's inline with the stab per your advice now) and in distance from the horns. I'm sure it can go further forward but unless the space is needed for some reason (e.g., not enough spacing between the bellcrank and the F9 solid former), this keeps the pushrods short at the expense of a longer main servo pushrod which is fine - I think.

Makes sense to add the supplied ply mounts in place of the balsa side for a 1/4" ply thickness... after all, elevator we can't loose. Nice touch on the CF. Strikes me as though adding it when setting up the doublers and sides before frame up is the ideal time.

I might just have to bite the bullet and put 50 green ones toward Japanese tech... Maybe I'll add another 20 for the CHS unit to compare. Can always use it on a lesser model.

Looking forward to seeing all your TT's this Spring/Summer!

Hard to tell but isn't your avatar a TT?

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TT4e Tail Doublers-01.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	616.0 KB
ID:	1956604