RCU Forums - View Single Post - New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:37 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree on the 76 turret. I purchased a $100 static kit just for this turret.

Of all the announcements so far this metal T-34 chassis is the winner in my books. I've always thought this would be a winner because this gives a guy the ability to buy the chassis and build some really nice RC tanks using the trumpeter static kits. The end result will be RC tanks that are superior to the Tamiya Tanks or at least on par with no excuses.

Well done to Taigen for seeing the light on this one. Now we as tankers need to put our money where are mouth is and support the effort.

As I have mentioned at the end of the day people need to see a profit. If they don't, it will be on to quad copters for these guys. As has been said so many times, this is such a niche market will the support of all of us be enough.

Some of the Taigen/Imex promotion I have trouble with as this stuff is not really new, just new to distributing to North America, but Imex is doing exactly what is needed to grow this hobby and my hats off to them for that. They are supplying tanks to hobby shops and are standing behind the products they are distributing with a suggested retail price that allows the shops to make a dollar.

What I have found in this branch of the hobby, is people want something for nothing, and the problem with that business model is it does not support the manufacturing base required to grow the hobby.

I don't personally know anyone at Taigen, but we can be thankful they share our passion for tanks. That is the same reason I support Mato as well. Without the principles of these companies sharing our passion for RC tanks, we would not have much choice. I know it is more then profit that drives these initiatives, and for that I am thankful. I guess I need to include Tamiya in this praise as well. If it wasn't for old man Tamiya they would have left these tanks behind.

Cheers

Last edited by YHR; 01-25-2014 at 03:41 PM.