RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Eurosport Details
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
I think the cnc mashing should costs less than hand made products and the 3d powder printing will be available to all in the near future from computer store just like regular laser printer with sample 3d programs to all ,and for the reason I'm out for now I will use the ugly hand made cockpits and pilots for less. Wojtek you stuff is super nice and 100% scale but som of them should cost less ,I just powder 3d printed the full 1:4 scale cockpit using the BB f-16 for pictures and blow to the 1:4 scale using 0.8mm thickness print we use only 3.8 quick " of powder material for the totall cockpit super lighte and the totall think cost me $200 with the 3D printed pilot .

If we did use powder material it WOULD cost less... Powder material is gritty and not suited for fine detail on the level we produce. Most of our prints are in UV cured 3d SLS/sla printed resins. Also, we don't sell at cost of material. There is work involved actually making the models, making them so they can be printed, investing in inventory, materials, etc , etc .. Many items after time is added up wont even break minimum wage for any profit made, lol . To those that know how to make 3d models, and have ways of printing, that's awesome. I think the modeling community needs more people like this to embrace new technologies and methods. For those that do not have time time, or circumstances to make their own, or maybe that's not where their abilities are, there is a whole range of products from different manufacturers they can use. Usually, you get what you pay for... some people don't find value in some things and other do .. Now the guy that started the thread asked for stuff for his euro, therefore my posts. If you would like to offer him your home made cockpit, then go ahead and do so also and and let him know what you want for it Ultimately , each modeler/consumer chooses what they find value in

all best,

Voy