RCU Forums - View Single Post - LETS SAVE SIG BEFORE THEY GET SWALLOWED BY THE BIG TWO!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:16 AM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kochj
I am not a kit builder, but if I wanted to build a kit, I would want it to be LASER CUT.....NOT jig cut.

Sig kits like all of the other target store brands are the same way.... balsa usa is all JIG cut as well??

I realize you want inexspensive kits... but I wouldn't want to put a Topflite kit even at a give away price.... because they are way more work than
would be if it had be laser cut....

Am I wrong??? I could be, as I know very little on the subject....
I hope I am not comming across like a arse.... I am mearly wanting to be educated on the subject....
IMHO, I don't think there's a whole lot different in laser cut and die cut. There's still pretty much the same amount of prep in the two. Die cut parts have to be sanded around the edges to remove the little burrs and hairs and such where laser cut parts have to be sanded around the edges to remove the burning caused by the laser, as glue doesn't really like to stick to it. There may be a slight advantage to the precision of laser cut kits, but die cut are just as good, in my opinion. What sets a great kit cutter apart from the rest is the quality of materials, which SIG has a lock on. These are, and will continue to be GREAT kits.