RCU Forums - View Single Post - BlackwidowAV CCD Camera Test!
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BlackwidowAV CCD Camera Test!

The videos shot using the Kadet Senior were done with the Supercircuits $350 system. This system requires 12v to operate, both the camera and the tx. I am using a 10 cell 1100mAh AA nicad pack to power it. Very heavy, too heavy and bulky for a glider, especially an EPP foamie but fine for the Kadet which can lift a wet moose. The system on the Kadet will most likely remain as is other than changes in rx antenna selection and other minor things.

The deal with the CX161 is its small size, its a CCD camera, and the fact that it will run off a 4.8 rx pack. It only draws about 240mAh if I remember the specs sheet correctly. The other camera is bigger and requires 12v. I forget what it draws. I got one of these as an upgrade to the Spylinker system.
The pack in my Super scooter is a 1400mAh nicad pack and is more than enough to power the plane AND the camera if I choose. All I need to do then is add the Spylinker tx and a 9v transister battery to power it.
Or, I can just remove the 1400mAh pack and install two 700mAh packs and have a similar weight in the nose.
Eventually, I have my eye on the BlackwidowAV 2.4ghz 600mw system which also is powered by 5v. As I understand the specs, both together can be powered by a 4.8 700mAh rx pack.
The basic idea is very small, light as possible and powered by a small 4.8v pack. Perfect for either a park flyer or a slope glider.
Imagine a guncamera view of slope combat! (Insert Tim Allen Grunt Here)
One of my next video project goals is one of slope combat where the POV is from both the plane and the ground. Guncamera view, ground view, and possible tail vew. This I would probably have to burn to VCDs or something as they might be too large for internet viewing.

ORIGINAL: 512 CES

Great video, but your last one was good also, I dont see much difference for the money
Honestly. Where does the 161 out perfom your other setup