RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin Cities Auction (Minnesota)
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:38 PM
exocet-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my $.02 on the LHS bidding at the auction. There were at least 4 individuals at the auction, that I know of personally, who make it a business to buy things at auctions and swap meets only to resell them on ebay. The only difference between them and the LHS in question was that people could SEE the LHS individual bidding and didn't know who the ebay individuals were. If people had known who those ebay individuals were, would they have felt the same way towards them? Not sure. I have to admit that I felt a bit frustrated when I knew that one of the ebay sellers outbid me on a product but then I thought, "He just wanted it more than I did, I guess."

The other thing is that the ebay sellers and LHS individual know what a product is worth for THEM to make a decent profit. They won't bid higher than that. So, even if you take a bid from them, you will still pay less than you would have should you go to the LHS because they aren't going to waste the time to turn it around for $5.00. They need to make it worth their while. I might be wrong but that's how I see it.