RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ozone Shuttle Pro
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:01 PM
hilson87
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ozone Shuttle Pro

A couple months ago when a photo of the Shuttle Pro was released I knew right away that it was a plane I had to have. Especially because it was a pattern Bi-plane I knew I was hooked.

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to do a review on this
absolutely beautiful airplane.

Ozone Shuttle Pro

Wingspan: 39.7 in
Length: 44.8 in
Wing Area:548.7 sq. in.
Flying Weight: 37oz.
Motor Size: 3536-850kv
Prop: 11x7
Speed Control: 40 Amp Brushless
Recommended Batter: 3s 2200

Upon opening the box everything was extremely well packed and double boxed for extra protection. The wings being in a one box and the fuse, landing gear etc. in another. All the parts were perfectly straight with no signs of warping or damage what so ever. Also I noticed that most of the hardware like control horns, cowl magnets and all attachment points for everything was pre-installed at the factory making for a very quick build. Also the Landing gear comes completely assembled from the factory, axles, wheel collars, wheels and wheel pants come out of the box ready to bolt on the fuse.

It comes with a 900kv 3 cell motor and 40amp speed control with a 3 amp 5v BEC. The prop that you receive in the kit is a Gemfan 11x7E.

It also comes with (4) 9gram servos pre-installed with all servo extensions needed to reach the hatch where you can install your choice of receiver.

Being a pattern pilot I'm especially picky about control linkage slop when setting up my personal pattern airplanes. The Ozone Shuttle Pro hit a homerun in this department by supplying ball-link for all control horns. This provides a very precise and slop free setup to the servo and allows for a very positive in control feeling at all times while flying the Shuttle Pro.

The assembly from opening the box to taxi testing took approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes and I was taking my time I can assure you. This airplane from start to finish went together extremely well. Usually Bi-planes are a pain and the struts normally don't line up and you have to fight just to get the wings on. But with the Ozone Shuttle Pro everything snaps into place and then attaches with just a few screws. The wings were perfectly aligned so when it came time to put on the cabanes they simply slid and locked into place without any twisting or pulling on the wings. Then they are held into place with 4 simple screws that were aligned perfectly. After I was done I weighed it on my postal scale and with a 3s 2200 45C battery mine came in at 38.5oz. which is only 1.5oz over the spec flying weight. (Not Bad at all)

FLIGHT REPORT

After adjusting the CG to just be a little forward on the Shuttle I took off and only with 2 clicks of up elevator and the rest of the surfaces required zero trim. Right away the Shuttle Pro felt extremely neutral, rolling inverted and back to upright required little to no effort with no altitude loss. Knife edge was virtually hands off only requiring a hint of down elevator. Down lines required 3% down elevator to throttle which is about standard for all pattern planes. But while going through some FAI type maneuvers I immediately recognized the strengths of the Shuttle Pro. All the integrated rolling maneuvers seemed effortless with the Shuttle Pro's rudder authority providing excellent positive feedback. Also the Shuttle Pro's Consistent speed characteristics really gave the flight great presentation and tempo. At the end of the flight the Shuttle pro just glides in without any unwanted feelings of tip stall, just line it up with the runway and it glides in perfectly every time! Literally a point and shoot airplane on landing.

Overall the Ozone Shuttle Pro would be an outstanding addition to any modelers fleet. This Patten Bi-plane really sets itself apart from other small models with its outstanding quality of construction and attention to detail like the ball-link hardware included In the kit. The Ozone Shuttle Pro would be an excellent 2nd or 3rd plane for the beginning modeler or a great practice plane for a seasoned FAI Pilot looking to sharpen his or her skills. This Pattern Bi-Plane does it all!

Flight Videos coming soon stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R1.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	407.3 KB
ID:	1967385   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	1967387   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	1967388   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	1967389   Click image for larger version

Name:	R2.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	1967391   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	1967392   Click image for larger version

Name:	R3.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1967393   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	1967395  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	1967396   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	504.6 KB
ID:	1967397   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	738.8 KB
ID:	1967398   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	504.4 KB
ID:	1967399   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	1967400   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	844.2 KB
ID:	1967401  

Last edited by hilson87; 02-10-2014 at 04:05 PM.