RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kangke Waco Biplane
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kangke Waco Biplane

Over worked, didn't you used to work under Oveur and over Dunn? Sorry, I just keep getting reminded of the movie Airplane.

I was seriously looking at the GP Christen Eagle before I saw your Waco. I like this one a lot better. It isn't as unwieldy as the Pitts/Christen Eagle, but it's not overly sharp like the Ultimate. It also isn't as stodgy as the Tiger Moth and the rest of the WWI bipes. The Waco bipe is one of those that has the right blend of modernity and classic golden era appeal. Dig that radial cowling.

You're absolutely right about the migration towards mid-size gassers. Many of us have realized that in order to use gas power effectively, the plane needs to be scaled at least a little larger than a 1.20 size.

Chalk up a big yes for me.

One word of caution, though. Don't make the same mistake Global did with the 86" Super Pinocchio, err... I mean, Super Decathlon. I have one of those, and the single biggest complaint I've heard is regarding the awkwad snousal dimension. Lucky for them, they'd wisely left the firewall box unfinished, so I simply slide the cowl further back on the fuselage to correct the proportions. Most who buy this model will be using a gasser, so keep that in mind when finalizing the design.