RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX9 mix programming
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattern Junkie
This thread seems to be closest to what I'm looking for on a quick google...I'm thinking of getting a DX9, and wondering if there is a "point mix" available on the program mixes (like a multi-point throttle curve). I'm hoping to be able to "fake" a VTR (variable trace ratio) curve on my ailerons. I haven't seen VTR on any recent radios (not since my Futaba 9V), but I'm sold on it. The manual seems to be very general on the subject, which is not surprising, because otherwise it would look like a Manhattan phone book.

If you're not familiar with VTR, it's similar to expo curve, only without the curve. The graph looks like a dogleg. A low linear rate to about 2/3 stick, then a very steep (also linear) rate, so that at full stick you still have full throw. Very useful for precision flying, and avoids having to flip a rate switch. It enables you to keep a constant roll rate on slow/point rolls, which is problematic when using expo.

Here's a quick primer on VTR (scroll down a bit):

http://www.rmfm.org/dual_rates_and_exponential1.htm

Yes. We call it a Curve Mix, but you can turn off the curve by toggling the Expo option.

Andy