RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troybuiltmodels just lost another customer
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luchnia is correct It does not matter what the cost of the component is, a customer has the right to expect customer service for any purchase. And it isn't the fact that the OP is out X amount of dollars that is causing him greif, it's that he is short one servo to finish his project than has upset him. Should he be expected to order a dozen servos when he needs 10 knowing that at least one will be DOA? As far as supporting your LHS is concerned, I think it's reasonable to believe that if we had one, most of us would. When I lived in the St. Louis area, we had several hobby shops that carried a good supply of RC stuff and we supported them. I moved here when I retired and this little town of 12,000 people, out of which there are probably 50 active RC folks, cannot support a good hobby shop. Our closest shop is in Branson, Mo, which is 95 miles one way and the only really good one is in Springfield, Mo, which is 125 miles one way. With gas at $3.50/gallon, I can't go to Branson or Springfield when I find I need a glow plug, so I am forced to buy online. Getting they guys together and taking orders from them when someone is going to Springfield is a social event in our area. Has to be that way to make it economically feasible.