RCU Forums - View Single Post - need to add weight question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent now its back into a reasonable range. I may I would like to talk about main gears. I understand why you have the mains so far forward in an attempt to protect the prop and possibly prevent flop overs, Heck in the days of the old timers before there was much RC a lot of airplanes did this too and for the same reasons.

But do understand and this applies to RC also that when the mains of a conventional gear (tail dragger) is so far forward from the CG that this will promote landings that are what I would characterize as 'boingers' or crow hopping. The very best place for the ease of landings is for the wheels footprint to be exactly under the CG as many early American full scale gliders. But of course this makes it hard on propellors so somewhere just forward of the leading edge will actually improve your landings with minimal flop overs.

Moving those wheels back and say getting rid of that plastic spinner which always looked cheezy to me anyway should just about eliminate the need for that pesky lead peeking out from under that tail.

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 03-01-2014 at 06:42 PM.