RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything you need to know about LiPo batteries...
Old 03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, Rob; those 2S 5400 sticks are $49. The three cell sticks are $62. I got three of the 2S to start with.

The adapter plugs seem to work well. They are a bit of a PITA to swap, as the fit is pretty close. If it gets to be too much of a chore, I'll just change everything to the APPs.

I charged one, and its now getting a storage charge since I have no idea when I'll actually need it. Got some other stuff to do before I'm ready to run the car. At any rate, the X4 has no complaints with the arrangement, so maybe all is well.

Another question: It appears that the ESC has an on/off switch. Any problem with leaving it "on" if I need to stop driving for a while before exhausting the battery down to 20%? I know not to store the car with a battery hooked up; but I can see times when I won't drive a full 20+ minutes at one "sitting"… for instance, I might need to stop to help another flyer, answer a question, participate in a conversation, etc. I realize I must leave the TX on too (but if I can adapt that 4200mAh 6V pack, per the other thread, that won't be a concern). I'm just wondering about the ESC getting cooked with no load on it. The switch is inacessible with the body on, of course.