RCU Forums - View Single Post - AGM30 Gas engine
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM
nitrometan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, today I went on the field and try to start the engine.Two propellers,18X8 and 18X10 Mezjlick wide blades.Carb primed,fuel line full,choke,3 flips with choke,ignition on,first flip pop,choke open,one flip and there we are....about 2500 RPM with factory settings on carb, timing and Chinese clone of CM6 sparkplug.Fuel 1:25 Castrol 2stroke mineral oil,the cheapest you can find.Carb L 1.5 H 1.75,timing was somwhere between 28-30 degrees(yes yes, I have the RCEXL dial and beeper ).After one hour of running at various speeds I made some tests with WOT and low idle.After that I set the carb needles a little lean L 1,35 and H a little rich 1.85(all 0+- 0.05).Now I am pretty sure that the engine was previous run in because the carb was almost there.What I adjusted was the timing,I put it between 23-25 degrees because of better idle and vibration level.Now the numbers: 18X8 7800RPM , 18X10 7450RPM.Idles steady at 1700 rpm and I even obtained 1500 steady but after 1 min WOT the engine develops a tendency to stop when trottled back quickly.After the first run,the engine started easy first or second flip,even hot after 5 minutes stop.In about 2 hours of running and testing I managed to burn just 1,2 liter of fuel(!!!!).Because I prepared 2,5 liters of 25:1 mix I will burn tomorrow the rest and after that I am curious to see how it will perform with my usual mix 33:1 MOTUL 800 2 Stroke Double ester Road Racing.What I like:Little Vibration(got lucky with the crankshaft...).What I dont like :The so called silencer(which will be VERY soon replaced) is not good welded and sealed.I will let you know further tests.WHAT I LIKE VERY MUCH:The price is just one quarter of 3W28i(which is a very good engine!!!) is lighter and has the same if not a little more power.(I preffer to buy 4 of these AGM30 instead of one 3W 28i(which I say once again IS a very good engine) because the Gravity has just one direction: DOWN...)

Last edited by nitrometan; 03-06-2014 at 11:37 AM.