RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys 33% Pitts S1 ARF
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:15 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cafeen Man,

If it was said, then the choice of words was unfortunate and that particular sentiment was not intended. I'm pretty sure I made a point of saying that, with some effort and patience, even a less-experienced builder can make a good job of this Pitts ARF. That's why I'm here - to help others. Doing this is very time-comsuming for me, and overall it's not a great benefit to me to spend all this time taking photos and discussing each step with the guys. Even so, I consistently learn new tricks through this, and pick up some rare gems. I do the same thing at the flying field. I spend 2/3rds of my time there helping the other guys with issues. Just as the more experienced guys helped me thirty years ago when I was still learning. The unwritten rule I learned was that it would someday be my job to pas on the things I learned.

My recommendation of the GSS was based on the experience level you first indicated. Since you suddenly claim to be far more advanced than that, it should be pointed out that my reason for doing this build thread is helping the guys who aren't that advanced.

We're not here to insult each other. Go to any other thread if that's what you want to do. Good natured joshing and back-and-forth bickering over techniques is typically as severe as we get in here. I appreciate you guys' consistent efforts to ensure that it doesn't go beyond that.

If you're looking for something in between this and scratch-building, I've heard that the more recent Pilot Pitts kits are nice. I built one of the older ones, and the Pitts was pretty impressive.

The GSS is a wonderful RC model, despite the fact that it's a Great Planes model. The plain fact is, they don't make planes much prettier, more responsive, or better flying. I can see how distressing it would be for you to end up with the looks and flying characteristics that most other guys find to be so desirable.

This probably isn't the thread you're looking for.

~ Jim ~

Last edited by PacificNWSkyPilot; 03-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.