RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1959 Berkeley Impulse Single Channel Pylon Racer Build
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingagin
Thanks George. You were a busy fellow. I just down loaded all of those. There is also a scratch build thread on here by acerc that I followed. He used Andy Sheber 33% Pitts s1s.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-s...pitts-s1s.html

I corresponded with a guy that had 1/4 scale plans, but at the time had to pass. Did not have $$. I will check back with him maybe next month to see if he still has some. The canopy and all the fiber glass parts are available still. This would be about a 90 2 stroke glow or 1.20 four stroke glow or a 1.20 gas 2 stroke in power. I think it will be impossible to s2c plans I will spend some time studying the plans I just down loaded. Might end up going with one of them.

Wife really wants me to build a Pitts, partly because my last name is Pitts. When I was young I wanted to build a full size Pitts. But never had the money and I was not able to get a private pilots license due to some non correctable eye problems. The later solved that. You know some of the plans you linked would also make a real sweet CL plane. Ken
Didn't know you were looking for a larger, say 1/4 to 1/5 size Pitts. Yes, those I showed you still would make nice sport builds in smaller sizes. The last was a Walt Musciano CL job in 25" size. The others could be modded for a larger CL.

One biplane I'd like to scale up from 18" is Sterling's all balsa Hornet, a CL or FF bipe. It resembles a Liberty styled bipe but with its own unique look. Given the upper wing has considerable dihedral, it would probably make a better RC scale up than a CL one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sterling Hornet Gray.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	1976986