RCU Forums - View Single Post - proud bird evo 46nx
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:08 PM
SIKrandall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not a pylon racer though. I fully understand the mechanics of what it takes to make a plane that fast in level flight but a guy like me is fine with doing it out of a dive. In fact I actually prefer that kind of flying. I like my turns performed on the vertical with huge jet like climbs and dives. I dont have the budget to build a turbine so I have to use a little imagination.

My tsunami is done in the red white and blue scheme on the kit package it comes in and is one of my all time favorite planes but its definitely not faster than the patriot. My tsunami and patriot to the naked eye fly almost identical speed now and the patriot has an italian super tigre 45 on it with a tuned muffler.

15,500-15,700 on an apc 10x8 with the 53 and macs 7.5cc quiet. Ive never seen an O.S. put up a number like that, more in the low-mid 14,000 range, but the big difference in the Overpriced. Sh*t. and the Rossi is the way the Rossi unloads. It'll happily scream harder than the O.S. once the static load is off. The magnum is a great motor but not bullet proof and by the time you buy decent bearings and a pipe the price somewhat balances out. The Rossi isn't soooo much heavier than everything else though. Its pretty robust but that big diving high climbing style can appreciate the weight of a Rossi.

I think the guy doing 180 with a patriot thinned the wing and did all sorts of stuff. It was definitely out of a dive but pretty damn impressive none the less.

Last edited by SIKrandall; 03-14-2014 at 04:42 PM.