RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1959 Berkeley Impulse Single Channel Pylon Racer Build
Old 03-27-2014, 03:44 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingagin
re read your post Yep I missed that, was heading out and rushed. But it would still be neat, for a few seconds, maybe a minute? Ken
Estes Cox sometime back brought out a short lived electric RC plane that used similar to hearing aid batteries (no rechargeables). Reason why I say similar is that the cheaper HA batteries didn't have enough duration. Flights on that was short lived and expensive due to the unusual batteries required. It was a bad marketing concept. With flights of less than a minute duration, it was no fun. I'd think the same for rubber powered RC flight, unless one snagged some thermaling activity.

The single channel RC planes that I had in the 1970's were fun and duration on Cox .020 Pee Wees with Top Flite nylon 5.25x3 props were about 2.5 minutes. That is about the shortest duration for RC fun I'd consider acceptable.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 03-28-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Correct prop specs.