RCU Forums - View Single Post - futaba servo question.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, Aug the issue you're up against is that those flexible nyrods aren't suitable for that application.
the inner yellow nyrod portion really NEEDS to be supported particularly at the servo end, in the middle, and right up to the control horn itself.
John's explanation is spot on, and the photo TomCrump posted is exactly how your nyrods should look (IF you stay with nyrods.)

Note how Tom's installation has NO exposed nyrod.

to fix the issue, you MAY get away with simply replacing the threaded metal portion where the elevator control clevis attaches to the elevator with a straight steel threaded piece (as in Tom's photo)
or, you may need to remove the nyrods entirely and replace with the sort of carbon rods that John mentions.

one other thing, for the future when you're connecting dual elevators using a single servo (two pushrods, one servo) you'll find it much easier to match the geometry for both pushrods if you lay the elevator servo on it's SIDE,
(not upright)

hope that helps!

(WOW I just noticed the original posting was from a couple years ago... I'm missing my Brother right about now RIP Mikey.)