RCU Forums - View Single Post - BLADE Nano CP X
Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Yes, I totally understand what you are seeing and this is normal on all small Blade Helis with AS3X.

I have 2 x Nano CPX, several MPCXs, 2 Brushless MCPXs and they all do the same.

When the motor is not energised the servos follow the stick control correctly and return to neutral. (and you can do control direction tests accurately before take off)

When you advance the throttle, you are also activating the AS3X, which now is controlling the servos directly. Think of the AS3X as the "Middle man"

It hears what you want from your Transmitter controls and it then translates that to servo movement. The actual servo positions may have no bearing on the actual stick position, because the AS3X is a stabilisation system and is also responding to the attitude of the helicopter.

Try this experiment. Hold your heli, power up slightly so that the rotors are spinning, and then pitch your heli forward and aft by hand without touching the control sticks. The AS3X will adjust the servos constantly to attempt to level the Helicopter.

When you power off the throttle after landing, within a second or two the AS3X disengages and you again have direct control of the servos.

Usually when you land the swash plate will not be centred but within a few seconds it will snap back to neutral as the AS3X deactivates.

The Nano CPX is a great indoor Heli and I usually take one on extended work trips away from home.

(This is in a Hotel room in Perth ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKl0fCTK6o
Rob2160,

Thanks for coming in . I really enjoyed watching the flight in the hotel room.
I have followed the news reported activties concerning the 777 disappearance and have looked at Perth and the airports locations.

I have followed your suggestion and observed the action of the AS3X. At my stage of learning I had the impression that the corrections were quite small.

One thing I did last evening, after finding data about setting the swash plate and the pitch of the main blades, was to find that the setup was far from what it is supposed to be. Since this heli was given to me I have no idea if the previous owner may have changed the setup. If he did not then the factory settings were way off.

I now have both main blades at zero degree pitch with the throttle stick on the Tx at the center of its course. From a visual check I would say that both blades are varying pitch the same amount. That was way off before my new settings. I still have to try if it now can lift off without falling on its side every time.

As I wrote before, I am not really trying to fly it; I am just observing what is happening. I may not have reactions quick enough to fly a heli. Also I am under the impression that the AS3X is not very active. I would really like to see the pilot's action on the transmitter control. I did not see ( find ) any of that kind of video. I suspect that some control input is going on constantly nearly every second and perhaps two or three inputs per scond at some time. I remember a site in which the human reaction was being timed and the fastest was in the order of 1/4 second but the average was more like 1/3 to 1/2 second. As I remember I was about 1/3 second and that would be when I was much younger.

The main thing is that I am fascinated by my findings and considerably appreciate your input and the input from flyinwalenda.

Again thanks to you both for being here.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 03-31-2014 at 05:57 AM.