RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster Mig-29 OVT Single with S-bus Build
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey man good luck. I'd be nervous with that pipe you got in there too. Tam makes good stuff though so it should be ok?

I had to dissassemble all my struts as they "suck" themselves up after time, very wierd. Took them apart as dubd said and put them back together.
I cut the crap out of my wing servo pockets, going to have to make custom covers for it.

One major issue I am having is one of the intake tanks, the formers seem off. The bottom of the gear door hits the tank when it opens/closts. So I have been using a dremel on the tank formers and had to sand a small part of my gear door away. Now when it closes there is small gap but I dont want to chance it getting hung up. The other side fit well and needs no adjustment so I know its not anything I am doing wrong.

Another headack is the left gear's wood mounts have a nasty sqeak or "irk" when I roll the jet around. Hysoled it didnt do anything. The wood can flex slightly and I think it is rubbing on the wing mount's wood on the inside of the fuse. I am certain there is not a borken former but I am worried the plywood is delaminating somewhere I cant see it. I will get that solved but I can the formers are well glued in now.

Its amazing the little problems that come up can sit a maiden back quite a ways. I meant to fly it 2 weeks ago! A couple days here and there fixing stuff that was done wrong.

Finally, my main gear doors dont always close. The geometry sucks on them, I know someone had a fix will look over the thread again. But in the end may have to have a spring help to start them closing or a way to keep the door from over extending the joint in the gear hinges.

I am shooting for first week in May to maiden.