RCU Forums - View Single Post - Screwing your Buddy in the classifieds
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 12:35 PM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Hypothetical situation: A group of guys is sitting around at the flying field solving all the world's problems when Bill drives up, gets out of his truck with a box, approaches the group and says: "I have a brand new Saito .56 four stroke engine in this box that I want to sell. I want $100.00 for it." Jim speaks up immediately and says "I'll take it." Bill says "OK, Jim, you sust bought an engine." But then Chris shouts out "I'll give you $110.00 for it."

Now Bill has a dilemma. His wife gave him strict orders to sell that engine and bring her the money because she wants a new pair of shoes, so he ain't going home with that engine. He is going to sell it to somebody, today, right now, because he knows what his foreseeable future holds if he doesn't. (Also, what it doesn't include) His dilemma is now: who gets it? Jim or Chris? He just made an offer which was accepted and then a higher offer was made. But he could sure use the extra $10.00. So, what to do, what to do?
There's no dilemma here. If you want to entertain offers then don't say, "You just bought an engine" to anyone until you're ready to take that offer and not entertain any others.

When you say, "It's yours" you just sold it. There's nothing to discuss except whether or not a person has personal integrity.