Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pursuing my studies

Hello,

Viewers reports gone up from 628 to 640; less one from me means some fellows had a look even though no one has posted.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours studying the receiver that comes with the BLADE 300 X.
It is a Spktrum AR7200BX designed specifically for helicopter use and has built in stabilization capabilities as well as some setting up that can be changed by a method of programming.

The manual is not always obvious to me as to how it is done and I have many more hours to spend to understand it better ( understand it to my satisfaction ). I often ask myself " what the heck are they talking about ? I also found some differences in the stated "defaults " between the receiver manual and the 300 X manual. I have to assume that some of the receiver defaults have been changed for the 300 X application and that is why the 300 X manual is showing some defaults that are different. When I learn how to read those settings I will feel more comfortable with my understandings. I did not see any explanations how to read the existing settings so that is another exercice in serendipity; keep guessing and trying and by chance and patience the answer can be found.

I have observed some of the gyros action toward better stability and concluded at this stage that their action is equivlant to reduced input commands. Explaining ----> If the transmitter sticks controls are set linear the gyros are in effect producing the effect of having some exponential settings. The advantage of the gyros being there however is that they react to attitude (pitch, roll and yaw) changes that may occur without a command from the transmitter.

Apparently the yaw gyro ( heading ) can be set to act as a rate or as a hold gyro as depicted by the status led being solid red or solid blue. I still have to learn how to set that up but leave it as it came from the factory settings which I assume to be proper as default for the 300 X. Presently that status led is blue when I fire up and my experiments have proven that it is on hold heading and not on rate.

These are fascinating studies that keeps my mind active. My only complain is the often lack of clarity in the way manuals are written.

More later _ _ _ if I continue posting _ _ _ should I ?

Zor

P.S.: Any moderator with the capability to modifying the thread title ?

Last edited by Zor; 04-12-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Checking spelling and format