RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyking – beware
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Joe 1320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
Very well stated Joe.

There are a handful of people who claim they are only trying to help but their constant support of Hobby King, even when it is completely irrational, make me very suspicious of their motives. I am absolutely convinced that there are people on the forums who are compensated by Hobby King for derailing negative threads either directly by being paid or indirectly by receiving bonus points or free merchandise.

By the way I just saw some pretty good deals on Lipo batteries at Hobby People.
I don't know for sure one way or another, but when hobbyking was advertising for Internet spokespeople for $xx.xx compensation per month, it does open the door for the possibility that it is occurring. I would guess some like to troll, some are wannabes who want others to view them as someone important, some are fearful that HK might go away as in some countries it looks like HK is their only saving grace for cheap prices. I can remember a time when folks in Australia were griping and moaning about how expensive getting anything from the US was, when Hobbyking opened up in their backyard so to speak, they all tend to sing praises because their cash outlay dropped. Whatever.

There is an old saying that you can polish a turd and it's still a turd.