RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSA Fokker DVII
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 01:39 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffEE
Well, it was off to the field this morning. Wow, it sure was windy there. No problem, flying is out for the day, but I can still run the motor and see if the new parts melt. Crap! I can't get it to start. I gave up after 2 hours. Time to take it home and go thru the checklist to see whats wrong. Sorry, no report yet.
Which engine are you using again? The 4-stroke? Dang, 2 hours is a long time to mess with a no start. Well, I hope you get it running. There is a possibility I will test run mine tomorrow. I may need to invest in one of those point and shoot heat guns. I have a really hot install on my Fokker DR1. That is actually the plane that worries me. The Fokker DVII is wide open in the engine area. Plenty of area for the heat to go.
One thing i did as well, because there were reports of the DLE 55 rear exhaust getting too much heat to the carb, I drilled a hole in the firewall, and added a velocity stack. This will give good static air thru the intake, and eliminate the heat getting to the intake air. I still do not believe this was the problem for that pilot/builder, but it is always good to get static air to the intake.