RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I just had the local hobby shop set aside a new fuselage, horizontal tail wing, battery, and a new decal set. I finally got some spare cash and I want to get this thing in the air. I didn't order any new wings as I think my current ones will do alright. The leading edges have some small dents and missing foam though. Last time I had issues with missing chunks, I filled them with Gorilla Glue and sanded it down. These dents aren't nearly as big. It just kinda looks like someone hit some small brush with all the leading edges. (That someone was me who hit blueberry bushes upon landing when I first started flying it.) I was wondering if there was an easier way to both fix and protect my leading edges. I thought I saw it somewhere where this guy used like blue shipping tape and folded it around the leading edges. Would that work?

Another thing is the visibility factor when I'm flying high. Someone on here posted a video a page or two back on modifications that might have contained some info on how to mod the underside of the wings. (Painting them) Excuse me for not going and looking up the video, but I'm posting this out because I want to have some discussion on how well all those mods work and get some reviews from the locals. I got thinking, instead of just painting the underside of the wings, how about giving most of the whole plane a paint job? Will going crazy with the paint effect the weigh factor or lack of motor power due to added paint weight?

What color should I paint my undersides that would somewhat match the decal color scheme? I have the original Radian so the color scheme is green, blue, and white.