RCU Forums - View Single Post - G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 03:03 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.

I just ordered my kit from Greg. This will be my second build of this kit. It is a short kit, glass fuselage, foam core wings and stab. This kit builds fairly quick depending on the amount of details.

For this kit I will put a DLE55ra in it. My first chippy was built with a DLE30 and eventually I put a 55 in it and it flew great. The gear will be the 5/8" Robart strait struts (for now).

Some of the changes will be a more successful internal linkages for the tail feathers and tail wheel. The flaps and ailerons will be the same as my P-47, all internal linkages and scale hinge lines. I will glass the wing, stab, and ruder. The scheme will be the same as the first chippy with different airbrush art. I will see what Amy can do with a dragon under the skin on the plane breaking threw at various places and flames coming from the the dragon.

I will order the DLE next and as soon as my DLE85 is broken in I will put the 55 on my Sbach frame and break it in before I put the 120 back on it. I want the engine all broken in before I mount it to the chippy. I will try a 3 blade prop for that scale look.

I will do panel lines and rivets, the same hatch system as the P-47. Not sure what I will do with the canopy yet. I'm still considering a clear canopy. This should be a fun break from the riggers of a built up kit build.

Finish will most likely be rattle can paint, I'm toying with replacing the white color in the scheme with chrome paint, might be cool with the art work!

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	1996859   Click image for larger version

Views:	701
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1996860   Click image for larger version

Views:	668
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1996861  

Last edited by RCKen; 06-16-2014 at 03:52 PM.