RCU Forums - View Single Post - skymaster 1/6 f-16 3D flying
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobneal1
If you do a lot of flipping and flopping you need to service your bearings at half the normal time interval minimum ! I lost my euro to a bearing failure. You tube has lots of videos of engines locking up on TV model aircraft.

Just my 2 cents.
Bob Neal
+1

Just to be clear, flat spins aren't the problem, it's the constant change in directions experienced in "flipping and flopping" or very aggressive snap rolls; and not a single change in direction by a high speed turn or pull. And it is not isolated to one or two manufacturers, every single engine (four different brands) I have done this type of flying with has had premature failure, but I have not lost a plane from it, just burned a couple. The engines that have not experience these forces have had no problems, so in my experience, it is a problem!

I would not discourage anyone from wanting or having an "aerobatic / 3D" jet, I love having a plane that I can do this with, just know if you are "hard" on the engine as I have described, you may experience the same. Good luck with your project.