RCU Forums - View Single Post - G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 02:44 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will be a fun build being I did it once before and I have a wealth of new ideas and techniques to use. The P-47 will still get worked on but this build will rejuvenate me. Working with foam and fiberglass is a nice break from built up balsa.

The urge to go with retractable gear keeps coming up but as you say "keep it simple" I will go with the fixed gear. Things like landing lights and nav lights may be applied.

As I enter my fith flying (and building season) I have come to the conclusion that I am a builder and flyer of highly modified scale planes. I just cant get excited about flying, or building anything less. I went threw a phase of building kits and flying ARF kits, now all my ARF kits are gone with exception to my 100cc Sbach. So I'm plane less right now and really need this bird.

I have most of the system worked out and how I will go about it. I will need to order some wood as soon as I get the kit. Most of what I need can be purchased at my LHS. I prefer to do this because I can pick threw the lumber. I used 6" 3/32"x 42" sheeting last time so this can be picked up or ordered at my LHS. All the light micro ply and birch ply I can get there too. Carbon fiber will be used in some areas, this kit only needs 3 formers, a tank and battery deck, along with a servo tray. I'm hoping the kit comes next week, I know Greg has been working on it.

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 05-31-2014 at 02:57 AM.