RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Parkzone Radian Coalition ~TPRC~
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aeajr - Thanks! Neat, a contest would be really cool to do, but I probably don't fly well enough yet to do well. Radian backup FTW!

Ernie - I used Rustoleum spray paint. On foam parts I cleaned them with a wet rag, let them air dry for a couple hours, then I painted them. One the white plastic pieces and clear plastic pieces, I gave them a good sanding, cleaned the dust off with lacquer thinner, let them air dry for 5 min, then painted them. I applied 2-3 coats to everything I painted, plus 3 thin clear coats to seal it all in. I used all Rustoleum products and I had no 'paint eating foam' issues. I even painted a design directly on the bare fuselage with Rustoleum and it turned out great! I'll get some pics up soon.

I also applied some colored shipping tape I got from Staples to the leading edge of the main wings. It both covers up some of my repairs and protects it from future impacts. It looks cool too! All they had for colors were a bunch of 'girly' designs, so I did my best and went for some neon light green. It doesn't go with the paint scheme but I don't care. I transferred my upgraded pushrod arm setscrew thingies also from the old plane. I bought a new battery too.

Better get that 1.5oz thing out! I think the Radian weighs like 30oz and the pro a little more. Can't wait to hear how Parkzone's new model flies!