RCU Forums - View Single Post - I still dont get it, beautiful expensive planes, cheap parts!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
I guess what Im trying to say is, some times the hard part is paying 4X 5X as much for a small servo when HK is makeing servos that are quicker and stronger at 1/4 of the price and still makeing money, so who is ripping off who?
I meant to say something about this in my first reply.

Another reason I think people go cheap isn't just to be cheap or because they can't afford it, but because they think that in some cases that what you're paying for is the name and not a better product.

I think there's something to that. But I also think you're paying for support. I've had no problems with brand name products I've purchased as far as support goes. Free replacements, free repairs, etc. I've never purchased anything from Hobby King only because I've only recently heard of them, but I see complaint after complaint about their service.

They might sell servos that cost 1/4 as much as Futaba and have the exact same specs. And they might work forever. Or they might not. But it seems most guys consider them to be disposable if they don't work because they don't expect Hobby King to do anything about it.

Now that's not me complaining about HK, but a summary of a lot of what I've read here and on other forums.

I plan to try some less expensive servos on less expensive planes to check them out. I don't need high end servos in every one of my planes.