RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 02:44 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisPetersen
Ok. So the R3 has a telemetry output? I realize this is probably a stupid question but I want to make sure. And the turbine telemetry would be fun. Is there a way to rig it to tell me if I have a flame out on left or right?
thanks!
Not to put too fine of a point on it but the R3 has a single Telemetry INPUT that allows you to connect a single sensor to each receiver. If you want to connect more than 2 sensors (more than per receiver) you need an expander and they offer 2 port or 4 port versions. The receivers actually transmit as well and the telemetry data is sent (OUTPUT) directly to the transmitter for processing and display.

The CB Elecktronics ECU protocol converter that I have for my JetCet displays RPM, ECU Voltage, EGT, and Fuel. It sends alarms for ECU voltage and low fuel but I don't think it does for low RPM or turbine state so I don't it would announce a flame out. I'm also not certain how it would work if you needed two of them... However it is pretty nice and I no longer use the GSU when starting up as I can monitor things right from me DS16. Hope this helps.