RCU Forums - View Single Post - What a crappy day!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What a crappy day!

Drove a couple hours to take some vid of the dams up on the rivers with all the gates open and water really high. We were on a high bridge. I flew the first flight to the east about 1/8 mile, turned left and got some amazing footage. Came back against the wind and got awesome footage all the way back. Made a perfect landing in the middle of the bridge, changed batteries and went the other way to get the other spill way and power house. Got some more amazing stuff, and flew back with the wind for a great approach. I was 10 feet over the bridge and went into a hover to do a circle to get a round view and then land. Just as I set up for my landing, and about 10 feet high, POP, one of the props explodes and it starts flipping end over end. Wouldn't you know it, it missed the bridge by 3 feet and I didn't even get to see it hit the water. I was dumbfounded. I staired into the water for 10 minutes and all of a sudden I see the yellow ball I had on the nose pop up and float away. I know it is there, but its under 10 to 20 feet of very fast water. That sux. I lost the flame wheel 550, naza crap with gps, gimbal, gopro, all my FPV stuff. Man, what an expensive day!