RCU Forums - View Single Post - MIA RC Micro Trike-Ultralight-Microlight-Powered Hang Glider
Old 06-08-2014, 12:14 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Variable Geometry- Taking the RC Wing to a higher level

The Title statement on my latest video is to the best of my knowledge True.
This is the world's first RC Trike Microlight to employ a lot more than just a sail and supports to make it fly. Enter (VG) variable geometry.

I have spent countless hours studying real high performance trikes and coming up with many of my own mechanisms, parts, and testing them in RC models. Sometimes they don't work at all, but sometimes they do, especially when careful thought and analysis is placed on the subject.

I cannot tell you the countless sleepless nights and the amount of time just in testing I have spent perfecting this RC Microlight Art.

I'm only happy with my designs when they meet a certain high level of criteria and it is this drive that has placed my models ahead of many that are just beginning to skim the surface.

It has taken more than 20 years since I first built my first one to see these models really exploit the technology we have. Still, I feel these are slowly making their way into the RC realm, but sure enough they will be popular at some time in the future, just a gutt feeling.

Meantime I will keep promoting them for as along as I live since they have become a part of me as were the RC micro-helis back in early 2000's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwY4NwqblgE