RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 03:51 AM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rossmick
Chriss923
My grandfather paid for my very first airplane ride (Cessna 172) at Timmerman field when I was 12. I also belonged to the Civil Air Patrol Squadron at Timmerman when I was in high school - small world.

Last time back was about 10 years ago, my brother and sisters have all moved out to Florida, and parents are gone, so there is not too much reason to return.

Once I get squared away on the scale flying/warbird events it would be a real kick to get up to Fond du Lac. Looks like a larger trailer will be required but I want a really light one so I can pull it behind the 5th wheel. I have a Dodge 3500 dually diesel so pulling is not a problem, but with a 36 foot 5th wheel I am not sure of the total length restriction. We really like our 5th wheel so trading it for a toy hauler with garage in the back is not an option right now, It would be great to get back to Wisconsin but only in the summer time, I still remember those winters. Took my wife up to Wisconsin one winter to visit my Mom and she got cabin fever one night and had to go outside. I reminded her it was -20 degrees and she said she didn't care - she got about 30 feet from the house and had to go back inside. As it rarely gets below freezing here she just didn't realize what -20 was all about.
Ross,

I am currently teaching one of the Adult CAP er's to fly Rc. I hope to see you and your plane here in the future.