RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4GHz Single-channel
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
zl3vml

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil thank you very much indeed,
That is exactly the info I was after and it all appears pretty simple really now that I have got my head round the general idea of what the encoder does, so thanks, you have helped me enormously..
Time to dig out my proto boards and have a play again.

Which of the (el cheapo) 2.4GHz modules that you have used would you say were the better options - or less critical of the pulse trains?
I have been using the FlyDream modules and they are absolutely fantastic but not the cheapest out there.
Sort of thinking about the "Orange" line of TX modules since their receivers are pretty small and have (so far) worked great for me in all my models.
(But that is with a Spektrum transmitter)

I am really trying to induce some our older club members to come back to the free flight fold again and hopefully if I can knock up some cheap & small (and for them "low tech") units I could convince them. They certainly seemed interested in the concept of 1] a radio DT link and 2] being able to turn on the alarm unit. 3] The rudder option would just be a bonus if they wanted to use but at this stage it would mainly be for my own benefit.

Cheers - Mark