RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where are all the pure glider pilots - seems all the posts are for electric
Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
vonveska

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck Barker
That`s great. I don`t actually fly any thing. I never was able to pick it up. I have 25,000 hours in big planes. I love to build. I built a 1/4 scale Mini Moe, a top flite P47, and a 1/4 scale lAeronca champ last winter. I usually end up selling them for about 1/3 of what they cost me to build, but I love to build.I built a Challenger a few years ago. Ended up putting an electric motor in it and gave it away. Most people say that my airplanes, though a bit heavy fly very well. I have a Pike T28 for next winter, and I`m looking very hard at building another Challenger as well. I may colaberate with another club member on it. He buy, me build, and he owns
Amazing. I like to build too, but I like to fly as well. Few people asked me to build a plane for them, but I can't afford to do it from my own budget, even if you count say 3 dollars per hour, it's an embarrassing price. Lucky people that have you around.